No page extension with content localization

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Hello,

I have a strange issue with the provider running on a DNN 06.02.02 host that has content localization enabled: it seems links to my homepage bring to a page that is not the real home, but a mess of the two home for italian and english.

On this site I have content localization enabled, so to have two (almost) separate navigation trees under /it-it and /en-us. For example the two homepages are /it-it/home.aspx and /en-us/home.aspx.

Without FUP I can navigate both "sites" and see the different content I put on each of them (and even different page structure, when I don't translate a page to english for example).

When I enable FUP and set IIS not to use page extensions, I see:

• urls are longer: they start with a "language" parameter (e.g.  /language/it-IT/Home)
  • if I navigate to the site url without specifying the homepage (www.domain.com instead of www.domain.com//language/it-IT/Home) I see my primary (italian) home with no issues
  • if I navigate to /language/it-IT/Home I see a page that is not my italian home nor my english home: it contains a couple of modules from the latter, but is messed up

Of course I tried to empty cache, recycle application pool and even restart iis: same result.

Did anybody ever use FUP with DNN content localization enabled? Can these issues be resolved by configuration?

PS: I'm using version 5.4.2 (actually clicked to get 5.4.3, but the file I get is always 5.4.2).

Thanks for any help,

al.

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:29 PM

More on this, I found something in eventlog:

Friendly Url Provider Duplicate Url Warning: Page Naming Conflict

Duplicate Page Details: Page naming conflict. Url of (stage.topconsult.it/home/) resolves to two separate pages (Home [//Home] [tabid = 57], Home [//Home] [tabid = 84]). Only the second page will be shown for the url.

The two tabids are for the italian and english homepages. So the question is: does FUP support DNN content localization? 

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:40 AM
trapias wrote:

More on this, I found something in eventlog:

Friendly Url Provider Duplicate Url Warning: Page Naming Conflict

Duplicate Page Details: Page naming conflict. Url of (stage.topconsult.it/home/) resolves to two separate pages (Home [//Home] [tabid = 57], Home [//Home] [tabid = 84]). Only the second page will be shown for the url.

The two tabids are for the italian and english homepages. So the question is: does FUP support DNN content localization? 

Short answer : it was developed before content localization so there may be a few issues like the one you have found.  There hasn't been any specific testing of DNN localization enabled sites.  You may be able to configure it to work, but it might require specific exclusion of one of the home pages from being a friendly Urls.

The /language/ in the path is just because it's an older design than what the current DNN Url Rewriting does.